Directors Australia specialises in recruiting non-executive directors for all organisation types and across all industries and sectors. We recruit single directors through to establishing full boards, and place candidates into both governing and advisory boards.
Our specialised director recruitment service is founded in our strong belief that recruitment of a director – as one person who has to work effectively as part of a cohesive, collective board – requires different considerations to executive recruitment.
In this context, we assist boards in sourcing candidates who not only have the right skills, knowledge and experience for a board vacancy but who are also a good cultural fit for the board and organisation. Underpinning our unparalleled success in placing directors are our director networks across Australia as well as our extensive, national database of directors interested in joining boards.
Our service assists boards fulfil increasing community expectations that non-executive director vacancies are filled by suitable candidates through an objective and open process. Further, our expertise in corporate governance enables us to provide boards with a value-added recruitment service as we have a deep understanding of the role and functions of boards, and the skills and dynamics critical to board effectiveness.
Our highly successful director search and appointment process includes:
- working with clients to develop a clear director position details document outlining the expectations and selection criteria for the role
- searching our on-line, director-specific database of candidates
- conducting additional search activities and market inquiries as required using our extensive national board-level networks
- presenting a shortlist of quality candidates
- verifying candidate qualifications and experience.
To complement our non-executive director recruitment service, through our board advisory services we can also assist boards with:
- a board skills audit which identifies the board skills gaps.to be filled in the recruitment exercise
- director remuneration advice
- director appointment and induction processes.
Directors Australia has a strategic alliance with u&u Recruitment Partners to assist our clients with their executive recruitment needs.