RBWH Foundation – NON-EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
- Charity supporting patient care, life-saving research and education
- Opportunity for a first-time, purpose-aligned non-executive director
- Seeking skills in finance, audit and risk management
The RBWH Foundation is the charity arm of the Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital (RBWH), Queensland's largest hospital.
The Foundation exists to save and improve patient lives through patient care initiatives, including staff education, medical and clinical research. Funds raised by the Foundation directly support the RBWH, Redcliffe Hospital and Surgical Treatment and Rehabilitation Services (STARS).
Since inception the Foundation has raised over $100million with more than half of those funds advancing research and innovation in patient care.
To support its important work, the Foundation relies heavily on the support of the community, whether it be time, funds or other forms of contribution.
The Foundation is governed by a voluntary board, which is appointed by Governor in Council on the recommendation of the Queensland Minister for Health and Ambulance Services.
The board is seeking to recruit a non-executive director to replace a retiring director. The new director will chair the Audit, Finance and Risk Committee.
The board is seeking candidates who are passionate about the Foundation’s work and its role in the community, and who meet the following criteria:
- Strong finance, audit and risk management skills and experience with CPA/CA qualifications, from a professional services firm or possibly experience as a Chief Financial Officer in a large corporate organisation.
- Strong personal and professional networks and standing, especially in the Brisbane community.
Experience as a non-executive director is not a pre-requisite. This could be a development opportunity for an experienced senior finance executive considering their first non-executive director position.
Graduates of the Australian Institute of Company Directors’ Course will be highly regarded.
This is a voluntary role. The board is seeking Queensland-based directors, preferably based in South-East Queensland.
To apply for this position, visit https://directorsaustralia.com/view-vacancies/.
Alternatively, to apply or for a copy of the position details document please contact Glee Mitchell on 0417 065 408 or email@example.com
Applications close 5pm on Friday 7 October 2022.