Wallbridge Gilbert Aztec – NON-EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
- Multi-disciplinary engineering and project management company
- Wholly Australian-owned national business
- Seeking an experienced non-executive director with strong finance and risk skills and M&A experience
Wallbridge Gilbert Aztec (WGA) is a multi-disciplinary, award-winning engineering and project management team with an ethos based on developing long-term collaborative client relationships, and delivering innovative, buildable, and economical solutions.
WGA offers a wide range of consulting services including structural, civil, maritime, mechanical, geotechnical, heavy lifting, temporary works, project management, electrical, pressure vessels, hydrogeology and demolition. WGA provides streamlined access to these services from Adelaide, Brisbane, Darwin, Melbourne, Perth, Whyalla and New Zealand locations.
Supported by a team of over 450+ staff, WGA is a wholly Australian-owned private company.
WGA is governed by a board of nine executive directors and a non-executive chair. The board is seeking an additional independent non-executive director with the following:
- Relevant skills and experience in a professional services firm or private company environment, preferably as Chief Financial Officer, Chief Operating Officer, or Chief Executive Officer.
- Strong finance and risk skills with a view to the director chairing the Risk Committee. Ideally the director will have strong financial/accounting literacy, CPA/CA qualifications and previous committee chair experience.
- Demonstrated strategic and commercial acumen gained through recent direct commercial experience in a comparable size business to WGA.
- Experience at board level including a sound working knowledge of corporate governance systems and frameworks.
The successful candidate must be a Graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors’ Course (or equivalent). Merger and acquisition skills and experience will be viewed favourably.
The board is seeking diversity of gender, age, and ethnicity to support a more diverse board and encourages applications from female candidates.
WGA is seeking candidates from around Australia with a preference for candidates based in Melbourne, Perth, or Newcastle.
The director will be remunerated via a market competitive fixed annual fee. Reasonable board-related expenses are met by the company.
Contact Glee Mitchell at email@example.com or 0417 065 408 for a position details document.
To submit your expression of interest, visit https://directorsaustralia.com/view-vacancies/
Applications close at 5pm Friday 1 July 2022.