About the Uniting Church in Australia (Queensland)
The Uniting Church in Australia (the Church) is a large uniquely Australian Christian denomination in Australia with heritage from historical reformed evangelical denominations. In Queensland, the Uniting Church has around 250 congregations and has early childhood, schools, colleges and large community services (such as UnitingCare and Wesley Mission Queensland).
The Uniting Church is multicultural, committed to reconciliation with First Peoples, calls for reconciliation across its communities and aims to use its people and property resources wisely and in the furtherance of God’s mission in the world.
Are you interested in making a difference?
Uniting Church in Australia, Queensland Synod seeks to appoint voluntary Governing Body Members on various entities as required from time to time over the coming 12-24 months. These roles will require attendance at governing body meetings, with some entities meeting monthly while other entities meet bi-monthly or quarterly.
We are calling for community members who are interested in being considered for these voluntary opportunities to express interest.
- Knowledge of director’s responsibilities and the ability to acquire an understanding of the legal and governance framework that exists within the Uniting Church in Australia Queensland Synod.
- Ability to review strategy through constructive questioning and suggestion while contributing to the effective decision making of the board.
- Ability to read and comprehend financial accounts and material.
- Experience in overseeing areas of major risk management and complex operational environments.
- Experience in current management thinking on employment and remuneration, stakeholder engagement and communication, and strategic vision.
- Formal qualifications in governance (e.g. Governance Institute of Australia or Australian Institute of Company Directors) is highly sought after but not required.
Do you have experience and skills in one (1) or more of the following:
Education knowledge and expertise
- Submit your interest directly through the Directors Australia Website
- Include your current resume (preference is for maximum three pages), and
- a covering letter stating what skills and experience you bring to the role in relation to the selection criteria.
General Manager – Board Recruitment
0408 450 281 | email@example.com