In light of recent cases like the Centro decision, highlighting the level of financial literacy and oversight required of boards and directors, Directors Australia has designed a series of ‘financial governance’ workshops for boards.
While we tailor each workshop to the particular board’s requirements and financial statements, suggested workshop topics include:
- Directors’ duties regarding financial matters
- Key lessons for directors from recent case law
- How boards monitor financial performance
- The board’s relationship with the Chief Financial Officer
- The purpose and format of management’s financial report to the board
- The board’s role in strategic financial planning
- The role of the Audit Committee.
In our workshops, we deliver information in a readily understandable way including through the use of case studies and a company’s actual financial statements. We seek to create an environment where directors feel comfortable asking questions and raising issues.
Our workshops are enhanced by the financial skills and experience of a number of our key consultants and strategic alliance partners.