A professional company secretary provides pro-active, high quality governance and counsel to the board, individual directors and management. The company secretary should also play a key role in establishing good corporate governance frameworks, policies and processes.
The relationship between the board, the chief executive and the company secretary is a key one in any organisation.
Directors Australia provides high level professional company secretary support and mentoring to its clients. Such advice can be provided through an individual or on-going arrangement.
In addition to advice regarding the establishment of good governance frameworks, policies and processes for organisations, Directors Australia can assist with ongoing experienced, professional company secretary advice and support in areas such as:
- the cycle of board meetings and associated papers
- maintenance of corporate records
- shareholder/member meetings
- board communication with management
- governance counsel to the board and individual directors
- new director induction
- on-going governance updates.